Thursday, November 16, 2006

Aaagh! My Ears! My Frickin' Ears!

I just heard the worst song in the history of music. I am not a music connoisseur, and though I appreciate many different styles, I generally stick to whatever I can get on the radio. Yet despite my shortcomings, I know for a fact that James Blunt’s “Goodbye My Lover” is the most horrible thing ever produced, and that includes my attempt at “Dinosaur Rock” (my own composition, by the way) on the back of a Tupperware container when I was eight years old. (I was deep into my percussion phase.)

The lyrics are simply a series of cliches stacked up against one another with no sense of coherency or rhythm. Blunt’s singing style is whiny and bored. The lyrics are accompanied by bland, meandering piano music. No wonder his lover left him!

You can, at your own peril, get the full lyrics here.

This is the most absolutely terrible song ever. (And now I’ve wasted 10 minutes of my life writing about it.) Are there any James Blunt fans out there who can prove me wrong?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google