Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Do You Think They Have Indoor Plumbing?

I’m leaving again. This time I will be jetting to lovely Cherry Log, Georgia, just north of Atlanta. I’ve never been, so I am assuming it is lovely because that’s what the Cherry Log Chamber of Commerce tells me.

I’ll be at a two-day seminar. Five of us will spend time with the top person in our field. He may be the top person in the last 100 years. Or ever. In other words, he’s good. The other four people are some of my closest colleagues, and we always have fun together.

There may be wine. Maybe even beer. Possibly, if we’re lucky, basketball. I’ll tell you all the great stories when I get back.

On the home front, things have been very stressful at the Lefty home. That’s mainly because I am the only one there who is perfect in every way. I’ll share about some of that when I return, too.

In other news, the Cubs take their ringless streak to 100 years. And the West proves best in the National League.

College football is generally annoying the hell out of me.

See y’all when I get back.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool. You get to hang out in a log cabin with LeBron James? I'm just assuming that you're a basketball player, anonymous only on your blog.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Guilty Secret said...

Have fun, Lefty! (Sorry I've been a bit quiet lately... you fell off my bloglines?!)

9:44 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

enjoy your "business" trip.

bring on the juicy details when you return.

1:59 PM  
Blogger g-man said...

Have fun. Cherry log, sounds like chocolate to me.

Bummer on the home front.

Hey the Indians beat the Yankees. Holy crap!

College football would be annoying you unless you were an Ohio State Fan. :)

6:27 AM  
Blogger Bre said...

Basketball? Fun? Have you already started drinking?

10:45 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Perfect in every way huh? Wow. Let me go find a pin for that ego of yours. ;)

Have fun on the trip! Bring me back some maple syrup.

2:08 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

lv--you got me. LeBron, Kevin Garnett, Kobe and I all got together for our annual preseason charades tournament at the lake.

guilty--don't worry about being quiet. I have been really busy at work the last few weeks and haven't been out there myself much.

mel--unfortunately, the details are only juicy for someone as borning as me. I did have fun, though.

g-man--the Indians surprised a lot of people this year, didn't they?

Mrs. Lefty is a big Michigan fan, so don't say that so loud.

bre--I would expect as much from a girl who thinks shopping is a sport.

tink--there was some sort of apple festival thing going on and, oddly enough, I saw maple syrup.

As for the pin...I thought you had some sort of magic for that.

11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I thought I left a comment here, hmmm, I guess didn't push the 'publish' button or something stupid like that.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

To find a greater exposure for your facebook account, Persons spend cash to Buy Facebook Followers to very easily get hype on internet. purchase facebook followers

12:14 AM  
Blogger Sophie Grace said...

This is very interesting actuality photo gallery supports your old memory and make joy for your brilliant minutes.Welcome go to our site tiktok videos

1:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google