Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Return of the King

Yes, I’m finally back. No, I didn’t retire. Nor did I do a stint in the slammer.

Vacation was very nice. Mrs. Lefty and I took two of our kids to San Francisco for a short visit. We did all the typical tourist things—cable cars, Fisherman’s Wharf, Chinatown, beating up homeless people.

When I arrived back at the office there was the usual pile of extra work and emergencies to clean up. I don’t know the name of the physical law involved, but whenever you leave for two weeks of vacation, you always come back to six weeks of work on your desk. Plus, as you know, I have staff people with a gift for creating emergencies unless I am holding their hands.

I’ve been working my ass off, which is why you’ve not heard from me lately. I’m also moving into my busiest quarter of the year, so my goal is to post two to three times a week, probably no more for a while.

Of course, I’ll be as witty and charming as ever.

Note to Tink: I saw a Landshark Lager billboard.

Note to American League fans: Scott Proctor's not bad; Esteban Loaiza sucks.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

Whew! I thought maybe you were stuck in a beer induced haze! Nice to have you back and I hope work gets less crazy for you.

*goes to look up who the hell Esteban whatisname is*

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loaiza sucks for sure. And, yeah, Scott Proctor isn't THAT bad. But you'll eventually see. He'll break your Dodger heart. Especially if he's given the ball in a do or die situation. You'll see. And unfortunately his arm is going to fall off soon. Joe Torre overused him and made pretty sure of that.

Meh, but what does this gal know? I only root for the AL. Best. League. EVER. :P

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was getting worried, thought you gave up on your blog.

Welcome back!

11:06 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

welcome baaack.

glad you didn't get eaten by a shark in the bay.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

i missed you.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~*~** Your back! YAY!!! :D**~*~~~

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~*~** Your back! YAY!!! :D**~*~~~

8:19 PM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

Who are those people you mention? I don't see them on any NFL roster.

You do know it's football season, right?

7:04 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

jen mck--well, I may or may not have been stuck in a beer induced haze; I'll neither confirm nor deny.

sammie--actually, Proctor's arm has fallen off a couple of times; fortunately, they keep duct tape in the clubhouse.

And as for the AL... :P

lv, mel, siz and xbox--thank you. It's nice to have been missed.

swf--as I wrote in a comment on your blog, I'm thrilled that college football is back, but the NFL should crawl back under its rock until after the World Series.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Did it put the fin in fun for ya? Oh and get this... Apparently they didn't lie. They're going to start making Landshark in Jacksonville now. I think it's because I started leaking their little secret. So if I end up dead, you know why.

1:34 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

No fin in me, Tink. I didn't actually drink any. Just saw the billboard.

Sorry to hear of your imminent passing. My advance sympathies to Hoop.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google