Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Eight Things Out

Somebody who, if there was such a thing as too much fabulous, would be way too fabulous, but instead, since there isn’t such a thing, has just the right amount of fabulousity, tagged me for a meme I’ll call “Eight Things.”

Here are the rules:
  1. Post these rules before I give you the facts.
  2. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
  3. People who are tagged write their own blog post about their eight things and include these rules.
  4. At the end of the blog post, choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged and that they should read your blog.

I’m sorry, Bre, but I’ll be ignoring the tagging. If any of you want to play a long, leave a comment to that effect.

  1. I have never tasted even a single drop of light beer. Nor even lite beer.
  2. There is a beautiful old olive tree, about 75 years old, right outside my office window.
  3. I much prefer a watch with a dial and regular numbers to a digital watch or one with Roman numerals.
  4. I had toast today and did not drop either piece on the floor. I almost dropped the butter, though.
  5. When I was about 4 years old, I used to stare directly into the sun without blinking. I thought it was a cool thing to do. I still have nearly perfect vision.
  6. One of my favorite Xbox games is Burnout 3.
  7. Books are among my most treasured possessions.
  8. I think that if I tag people for a meme, they will be annoyed with me, even though I am usually rather flattered.

I think that covers it, don’t you?

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Bre said...

I'm glad you understand the complex levels of my fabulosity! I usually don't tag folks, but the rules say you have to! And I tend to follow the rules unless I'm just about the last person to get tagged... at which point I'm out of options and I practice civil disobedience.

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A man who ignores tagging rules AND who likes books? Oh Mrs. Lefty is a lucky woman indeed.

4:00 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

bre--yes, not everyone can comprehend such complex fabulousity; thanks for noticing.

brandy--I would add, modestly, that she is the luckiest woman on earth.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. I own about 200+ xbox games.

2. One game I'm REALLY looking forward is called 'Mass Effect'{on xbox360}.

3."When I was about 4 years old, I used to stare directly into the sun without blinking. I thought it was a cool thing to do." I did the same, though I was older ~10.

4. I don't think I ever dropped toast butter side down.

5. I can easily lift 200 pounds.

6. I probably watch about 365 movies a year.

7. I pretty darn good at welding and casting many kinds of metals

8. I'm kinda surprised you actually play xbox games.

There I played along, though I didn't exactly follow the rules.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

LOL!!! I get these a lot. I often ignore them.
But I'll play along for you.
1. I don't eat toast anymore since my low carb torture--er um diet began.
2. I used to want to be a Geologist....and I regret that didn't stick with me.
3. I've been known to play a computer game called "Vines" until my eyes are bloodshot.
4. I have, since they were dumb enough to let me vote, cast ballots for Green Party, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Independents and undeclared.
5. I love football.
6. I only own three pairs of shoes.....and one of them is a pair of cowboy boots.
7. My very first big name concert wasn't until I was 35. (I saw Brooks and Dunn)
8. I follow the rules and rebel in private.

8:59 PM  
Blogger g-man said...

I'm the same way with regard to tagging. I too stared at the sun when I was a tot and I have better than 20/20 vision (I was the only one in my eye doctors office to get a 5 our of 5 on the "small" line). I prefer dial watches, don't care what kind (if any) numbers it has.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

xbox--I didn't even know there were 200 xbox games available (does that count 360, too?)

I usually play with my son, and we usually play shoot 'em ups.

jen mck--I wanted to be a wildlife biologist at one point, and sometimes wish I'd continued along that line.

g-man--it drives me a little nuts if there aren't any numbers on the dial.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is over 1100 xbox games available and no I didn't count xbox360 games, but there is 527 available now.

4:13 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

Yeah, yeah. So the sun didn't burn out your eyes. But your BRAIN is still questionable. ;)

1:09 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

xbox--I don't even have a 360 yet!

tink--you're all heart.

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've noticed that the "cool kid" bloggers don't even do memes. Like they're soooo past it.

Me? I still need fodder.

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google