Sunday, July 22, 2007

You Say Tomato; I Say Cucumber

I started seeds for my vegetable garden inside and then transplanted them out in the garden after they sprouted.

I had a number of trays, and I was smart enough to label each set of seeds so I'd know what I had. For example, for the cucumbers, I put a big black "C" on the tray. And for the canteloupe, I put a big black "C" on the tray. So maybe there was a slight weakness in my system.

I thought I had them figured out, though, and I put the cucumbers beneath a trellis and the canteloupes in a spot with room to spread out. As you will have guessed, however, I mixed up the two.

I wondered why I couldn't get the plants beneath the trellis to climb.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

As one who would have killed them all before the transplant, I offering only a sympathetic nod.
I have mentions the flowers I killed in the half wine barrels because I didn't realize it needed holes in it? I'm sure I have. LOL.
Hope your non climbing cantaloupe do well.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Bre said...

Damn. Climbing cantaloupe would have been really cool to see.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

that is SO something i would have done.

7:52 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

oooo, a garden! Way cool. That is so green thumb of you...well kinda.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

My idea of a garden is to take a bunch of seeds, mix them up, and then toss them. A few weeks later I start placing guesses on what everything is. One year I thought I had chives. It was just some wayward grass. Of course I had to taste it to find that out.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

jen mck--did you at least remove the wine from the barrels?

bre--I think I'll try climbing corn next year.

siz--I guess that goes to show you that neither of us are perfect (if you can believe that!).

mel--thank you...kinda.

tink--apparently your pixie magic didn't work too well.

12:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got canteloupes growing like weeds in my yard.

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google