Monday, July 02, 2007

The Blog Slug Rides Again

I know I've been something of a blog slug. Work has kept me busy, so I'll use that as my excuse for the dearth of posts lately.

So what's been happening?

I dropped a cake. I was trying to move most of a half-sheet cake from a chair to the counter, but instead I flipped the thing frosting-first onto the floor. My son laughed until he couldn't stand it.

My wife is trying to starve me. It's no secret that she and I have different ideas about how long leftovers can remain edible. Mrs. Lefty thinks leftovers should be thrown out while I'm still at the dinner table. I figure that as long as I can determine that the stuff in that bowl was at one time a food item, it's still good. (Be careful, though. We have mice in the freezer. Don't eat those. They're for the snake.)

Anyway, we had about a foot-long section of one of those giant submarine sandwiches. It had been in the fridge for only about four days. I had been having some every day for lunch. One day last week, I came home, stomach growling, so very eager to get me a piece of that sandwich. Mrs. Lefty had tossed it.

Then, I had some leftovers from dinner at a restaurant. All through the next day I was carefully planning just the right moment to savor them. Guess who took them to work with her and ate them? She's trying to starve me to death, I tell you.

Had a short visit from my mother-in-law. She's doing better after her stroke, thank you.

Had an even shorter visit from my parents. They didn't bring any beer, the cretins. My dad did help me cut down a tree in the back yard, though.

The girls travel back East to visit their biological father for two weeks. My son will go to his mother's for a bit tomorrow. That means NO KIDS!

And that's it. You're caught up. Absolutely nothing else has been happening in my life.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Sizzle said...

the mice bit threw me...ewww.

(think about beer. think about beer. think about beer.)

4 days of a sandwich is too long. :)

3:01 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

Four days is NOT too long!

3:32 PM  
Blogger Bre said...

Your wife is actually pretty generous - I'd starve you until you got the mice out of the freezer, cause... ew.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You own a cute little snakey, or something?

Four days for a sandwich can be fine, it depends on things like how much the food was handled and the way it was sealed blah blah.

And the ''they didn't bring any beer, the cretins'' ah ha he he...

4:24 PM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

Ooohhh....No kids?

::insert sing-songy voice:: somebody's getting laid...somebody's getting laid...

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cretin... I need to incorporate that word into my vocabulary.

I would love to see a sheetcake hit the floor. What a spectacular sight!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Tink said...

Four days?! Ew. I mean, EW. If leftovers aren't eaten the next day I pitch them. Unless it's Thanksgiving food. Then I pitch it in two. My philosophy is, you can make more.

1:23 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

bre--you stay out of this!

xbox--she's not cute; she's adorable.

swf--apparently, you don't know Mrs. Lefty very well.

lv--"sheetcake hit the floor" should be the new alternative to "shit hit the fan."

tink--you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. Leftovers don't start to get good for at least a week; if it's cooked and stays in the fridge, they can last a long time.

Yes, you can always make more, but that costs $, and I'm cheap.

Plus, the animals and plants in that sandwich gave their lives for me. I can't just toss them in the trash.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

I'm afraid I have to agree with Mrs. Lefty. Leftovers have to go.
Perhaps you haven't had to throw out two week old dinner stuff with mold on it?

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google