Friday, September 21, 2007

More Miscellany

It has been a long week. I look forward to sleeping in tomorrow.

I have come to the sad realization that Jessica Alba is too young for me.

Plus, I'm way too hot, Lefty.

I already have a busy October planned. On October 1, I have jury duty. On the 10th, I am scheduled to fly to Atlanta for a small seminar with one of the top people in my field. That will be a lot of fun, especially since some of my favorite colleagues will also attend.

I am a little afraid of Atlanta, though. I’ve heard it is a scary place full of mountain trolls and Piggly Wigglys.

Try the Mountain Troll Chitlins.

Did you know that I lived in Hawaii for 6 years?

Baseball is one of those games that interjects the highest highs and the lowest lows into your life. From inning to inning--let alone throughout an entire season--your team can go from being on top of the world to the pit of despair. Hope is eternally kindled, but easily dashed. That is especially true during the pennant race and postseason.

My particular team has had a string of disasters just when it seemed as if they were making a move. One of the late inning pitchers, who had come in to dominate opposing hitters for nearly two years, suddenly lost it. He was giving up clutch home runs almost every time out, something like 6 out of his last 7 appearances. There is no real chance to make the playoffs.

I look forward only to a long winter full of regret.

Is it just me, or does the sun look a lot more menacing lately?

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer McKenzie said...

Ohhhhh THAT'S why you hate baseball right now. I'm so sorry Lefty.
And don't worry about Piggly Wigglys. They're more afraid of you than you are of them.
Ahhhh Jury Duty. I, too, was called and they sent me home with the usual threat that they'd call me in three months.
Have fun with that.
May your Saturday morning get a really late start.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

i haven't been to Atlanta in years but i liked it when i went.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Have the T-shirt said...

Lucky you, living in Hawaii for six years...where exactly did you live? I could use a dose of polynesian paralysis about now.

Baseball....bleech. (sorry) *ducks*

2:51 PM  
Blogger Bre said...

My first visit to Atlanta will be a 1 hour lay over in the airport next weekend. Woo.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had no idea you lived in Hawaii for 6 years (my mom was born there) and that Piggly Wigglys place does look kinda creepy.

And here is something, if you google it, which may be of interest:

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/stories/stories/show/df1e519fcd434bdcadc0f251e567fd23

11:43 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

jen mck--10:00am is the best I could do. Not bad, though.

siz--but you like cats, too.

t-shirt--I was in Kailua-Kona. I'll write a post about the coffee house I went to there.

bre--be sure to paint the airport red.

xbox--thanks for the web site; I'll have Mrs. Lefty take a look at it.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Have the T-shirt said...

I've been to that area of Hawaii many times....you talking about the bad ass coffee company?

I love the Kailua Chocolate Company...they had these chocolate/coffee things...melt in your mouth heaven!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

Nope. That one's in south Kona. I was in Kailua-Kona proper.

You must be referring to the chocolate covered donkey balls, right?

10:07 AM  
Blogger Have the T-shirt said...

LOL...NO not chocolate covered donkey balls...these things looked like clam shells.

11:19 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

For getting a greater hype for your facebook account, Persons spend cash to Buy Facebook Followers to quickly have exposure online. buy facebook followers cheap

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google