Monday, November 20, 2006

What's Good?

I have been writing a lot of grumpy, sarcastic things here lately. Though that is my normal personality, they are attributes I usually find annoying in others. Therefore, I have decided to inject some positive energy into my blog. Here are some things that are good in my life lately...

+I return to my childhood home for Thanksgiving; it will only be for a couple of days, but I love going home, primarily because it is the most beautiful country on God’s green earth, and also because I’ll get to drink a lot of beer.

+I still love my new plants. I’ve got to show you a photo of my two new Arctostaphylos franciscana. They are adorable!

+It was a great weekend of college football. I felt guilty that I spent all Saturday on the couch, but heck, I can take a shower next weekend.

+I am hopped up on good coffee right now.

+I am a contributor to another blog, one that primarily features satire in the form of fake news. Just today a magazine editor asked permission to print one of my pieces.

+I still have not killed any of my children.

+The off-season baseball news has given me lots of hope for next year.

See? I’m not a complete curmudgeon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google