Thursday, December 07, 2006

Blah, Blah, Blah

I am tired today. It isn’t that I am particularly sleepy. Nor is my body feeling sluggish. It’s my spirit. It is something like a mental weariness, and when I get like this, I don’t know what to do to overcome it.

Some days, weeks even, I am fired up, ready to attack my work and my life. Other days I feel like this. Blah. Burned out. I’m dragging. All I want to do is go home and sink into a chair with a book, and coffee or a beer.

I know everyone must feel that way from time to time. But when they feel that way, what do they do? Give in to the feeling and take a nap? Chug several cups of coffee? I haven’t yet found the answer.

When I get like this, I feel extremely guilty. I should be more effective at work, you know. My life should be more productive, have more meaning. I must be letting everybody down if I’m not at my best. I assume everyone else is always on top of their game, and what the hell is wrong with me?

Maybe tomorrow will be better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google