Sunday, February 18, 2007

Oh Shitzu

My phone rang at about 10 on Friday morning. It was my wife, she was on her way home.

“You aren’t feeling well enough to stay at work?”

“I quit my job.”

At the conclusion of our argument on Thursday, she left the room saying “And I’m quitting my job, too.” Later, after things had cooled down, she said, “You know, I was serious about quitting.”

“Okay,” I said. “Will you please wait until you find another job first?”

“Okay,” she said.

I guess by “okay,” she meant “hell no.”

I am angry. I am tired of feeling like the only adult in the family who will keep it together and do what’s right. I’d go drink myself into a stupor, but then, where would that leave us?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

gezz,I hope you can work things out(drinking(is a depreissent) will just make you more tired,sad and angery). #stupid tip: watching movies sometimes gives me a bit of a lift(watching the movie 'Gladator' made me feel like I could face anything,with enegry[weird I know]).

3:18 PM  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

I suggest you and her get yourselves in marital counselling, stat.

5:11 PM  
Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

I had this happen once - while I was traveling for business. Came home to my husband announcing he quit his job. I was pissed. (because I had already supported him for over a year previously) and so I said - well, I don't know what you're going to do about your car payment, insurance, etc, because I can't pay that for you. He went back to work the next day.

I think it's easy for some people. those people that feel taken care of. I had to tell him I wasn't taking care of him anymore.

5:42 PM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

Not knowing why she would quit her job, I can't offer anything but the usual platitudes. Sorry, kid.

Ommmmmmmm.....Ommmmmmmm.....

That's me, sending good vibes in your direction.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

Thanks for the thoughts, all.

xbox--no, not weird. I feel the same way about that movie.

ed--actually, I was thinking an increasingly rapid downward spiral toward certain despair and self-loathing would be more fun. Seriously, though, point taken.

lm--I wish there were something I could do to have her back at work the next day! She is already looking for a new job, though.

swf--I thought I felt something over the weekend...must have been the vibes. At the time, I just chalked it up to the moldy cheese.

11:33 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

She must have felt there was no other choice but to quit on the spot. I have felt like that before. Good luck to you two.

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google