Saturday, March 31, 2007

My Computer Is So Old...

  • it runs on Windows 1900.
  • the hard drive’s capacity is 300Gps (Giga papyrus scrolls).
  • the processor’s speed is measured in knots.
  • my monitor is an Etch-a-Sketch.
  • instead of electricity, it uses steam power.
  • the only game I can play on it is Pong, but that’s only if I lay the Etch-a-Sketch monitor flat on its back, get two paddles and a ping-pong ball, and rig a net across the monitor.
  • the keyboard keys have Sanskrit characters on them.
  • it doesn’t have a modem, but uses smoke signals (the ultimate in a wireless connection).

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Sturdy Girl said...

well, i'm sure it's better for the environment that way. Except maybe for the smoke signals. Ed Beagly Jr. would love you.

6:51 AM  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

Oh geez.

Were you thinking of that while watching UCLA?

7:21 AM  
Blogger brandy said...

I heard Sanskrit is making a comeback so pretty soon you are going to be ahead of the curve.

10:24 AM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

now that was funny.

10:52 AM  
Blogger DCchick said...

you have steam power??? That's more advanced than my hamster wheel.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I thought the keys would be tied to a bird's tail and as you typed it would peck/carve the letters into a tablet of stone - like on the Flintstones!

7:04 PM  
Blogger LVGurl said...

Steam power, or well-trained monkeys?

9:32 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

lm--I do have an environmentally friendly computer, but I make up for it by renting out my back yard as a haz mat landfill.

dover--hmmm...

brandy--finally! I'm ahead of the curve.

mel--thank you, ma'am.

dc--do you have to run on the wheel yourself, or do you have an actual hamster?

g-dog--I'll be upgrading to the pecking bird soon.

lv--I keep Love Monkey and Space Monkey Pants chained to my desk to provide the battery backup.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google