Monday, March 26, 2007

The World Is My Laundry Hamper

I have actual bad news (rather than the usual idiocy you get from me): my wife's mother had a serious medical emergency. Fortunately, after a successful surgery, the doctors are saying there is a good chance for full recovery. My wife, though, left this morning to be with her mother in the hometown of one of the Final Four participants. She will be gone two weeks. Both girls will fly out next week during their Spring Break.

On the less serious side, that means that I will be a bachelor for a couple of weeks, which means lots of beer, sports on television, going to play basketball with the guys, and other activities not sanctioned by the Spousal Governing Board. I will miss my wife, of course, but I can go from zero to Al Bundy in 6.4 seconds flat.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger The Retropolitan said...

Sounds like a NO MA'AM weekend!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

I'm pretty sure every married couple needs an annual vacation away from each other.

How can you miss someone if you're around them all the time?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Bre said...

Well, my thoughts are certainly with your MIL!

But welcome to (temporary) singledom. Please pull out your rattiest sweatpants, surround yourself with junk food, and raise your remote to the upright and locked position.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

zero to al bundy- awesome line.

5:42 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

i can see you now.

slouched on couch.

remote in one hand.

hand resting under belt buckle in the other.

total guy pose.

priceless.

6:42 PM  
Blogger LVGurl said...

Enjoy! I want to hang out in my house alone, just for one night!

I hope your mother-in-law is recovering well.

Happy anniversary last Friday!

7:30 PM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

I keep hearing Jim Gaffigan "Hot Pockets" routine running through my head.

:-)

6:59 AM  
Blogger DCchick said...

Isn't this what all married guys do as soon as their wife leaves for a while???

8:11 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

retro--that's EXACTLY what it is, but not for a weekend, but for TWO WEEKS!

dover--having alone time definitely has its merits; it is something I crave often.

bre--thanks for the thoughts!

siz--thanks!

mel--that's pretty close; I don't do the belt buckle thing, though. I have a beer in that hand.

lv--ask hubby to take the kids and give you a night like that. Also, congrats on YOUR anniversary last Saturday.

swf--I first heard that routine about a month ago; I loved it. I think I'll get some hot pockets (hottt pockkettts) tonight.

dc--yes, but only for one night. After that it's back to my usual routine--laundry, helping the kids with homework, cleaning the bathroom, washing dishes, yard work, vacuuming.

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google