Thursday, March 15, 2007

Don't Tell Me YOU Haven't Ever Done Anything Impulsive

Person Who Is Not Me, looking at me as if I am totally nuts: “How many days did you spend in one another’s presence before you got married?”

Person Who IS Me, trying to avoid eye contact: “About ten days.”

PWINM: “And you, of all people, should know better.”

Me: “Yes, I know.”

PWINM: “What was the rush?”

That’s a damn good question, and I can’t give a perfectly satisfactory answer.

You see, my wife and I met online. We used to play cards together. After about nine months, we finally met face-to-face. I spent a week with her. About a week after I came back home from that trip, we decided to get married. To repeat: we met for the first time in January and got married in March. Our 6th anniversary is about a week away.

I think the best answer to the question about the rush to get married is this (and there’s no need to tell me that’s not a good enough answer!): it was getting expensive to carry on a relationship when we were thousands of miles apart.

It is true that things have been more difficult for us because we rushed, but I love my wife, and I’m glad I’m married to her. And we’re working on things. We have made a lot of progress in six years, and we’re still climbing.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger little miss mel said...

dude, that is quite amazing. And I thought I was bold to move in with my "boyfriend"/(now hubs) after spending 12 days together over 9 months. (we lived 1800 miles away from each other.)

THE question is: what card game were you playing?

spades, hearts??

12:17 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

mel--it was euchre

1:02 PM  
Blogger SWF42 said...

Note to self: ***never*** play euchre. Whatever the hell that is.


:-)

2:18 PM  
Blogger Eileen Dover said...

It was ...nevermind.

I can't answer publicly.

3:54 PM  
Blogger LVGurl said...

The length of courtship (did I actually use that word?) doesn't always matter, really. Marriage is still a lot of work! Especially when children are added to the mix.

Were you married on March 24th? That's my anniversary. Six years.

7:31 PM  
Blogger Vi said...

Wow, that's fantastic! So there may be online hope for me yet!!!

2:28 AM  
Blogger Bre said...

That's more than a bit adorable. Plus, how long you stood in each other's presence doesn't matter so much as how long and how well you knew each other!

8:11 AM  
Blogger Lefty said...

Actually, LV, we were married on a Friday, the 23rd.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

this gives me hope.

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

When ever I surf on web I never forget to visit this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on long-relief.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research presents that almost 80% of all United States adults are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. Some improvement in of daily activity can help us in losing weight quickly.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effortless weight loss.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google