Monday, March 05, 2007

The Seven Biggest Disappointments of My Life to Date

  1. Pro wrestling is fake.

  2. I have never had a date with Margaret Thatcher.

  3. Two words: Beatles Reunion Tour.

  4. My goal was to read through the entire dictionary by age 30. I am now nearing 40, and I am only on the word “abaft”. The dictionary is a lot less interesting than you would think.

  5. Baseball Hall of Fame voters have bypassed Steve Yeager every year he has been eligible.

  6. I have no superpowers.

  7. Flying cars and jetpacks are not everyday accessories.

Labels: , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Eileen Dover said...

You're such an underacheiver.

(Read a kid's dictionary.)

3:03 PM  
Blogger Sizzle said...

that dictionary one made me laugh.

heh.

6:39 PM  
Blogger LVGurl said...

I never thought to read a dictionary. Maybe I should take that up with all that spare time I have laying around!

10:43 PM  
Blogger mist1 said...

1. Pro wrestling is not fake. It is an art form

4. What the hell is a dictionary?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Bre said...

I have a rhyming dictionary you can borrow - it may make it more poetic! :)

9:32 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

I think you're all making fun of one of the single most heartbreaking failures of my life!

And, Bre, what makes you think adding poetry would make it more likely I'd actually read something?

4:24 PM  
Blogger Scorpy said...

I love this may I steal it? :)

4:49 PM  
Blogger Lefty said...

scorpy--yes; everything you see on this site is available on DVD and Blu-ray.

10:59 AM  
Blogger 180360 said...

My husband loves Maggie. And Churchill. Bloody Brits! :)

6:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google