Monday, May 14, 2007

Mother's Day 2007

So I’d been seeing a lot of those funny Mother’s Day jokes about giving Mom a day of rest and relaxation, feet up watching television, catered to, etc...just like being Dad for a day. Wow, that’s a funny one.

This year, I decided Mrs. Lefty should really be Dad for a Day! Yesterday, Mrs. Lefty mowed the lawn, changed the oil in the cars, cleaned the garage, painted the back fence, hauled a bunch of junk to the dump and went to the office for 8 hours. But when she came home, she got to drink beer.

Yeah, I know I'm going to hell. But I've been there already, and it's not that bad.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, you know if you don't go to hell you are really going to miss all your friends. I won't comment on where your family may spend eternity....

happy mother/father day to mrs. lefty

5:51 PM  
Blogger little miss mel said...

as long as I get a full night of sleep and not have to take care of 2 yr old, sign me up for manual labor.

bring it tough guy.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Bre said...

Silly Lefty! Didn't you know that when you say "I do" you essentially say "I do agree to take care of the yard, the cars, the garage, and all manual labor around the house. And kill the spiders. Amen"

7:34 PM  
Blogger Tink said...

You replaced her with a Stepford wife, didn't you? *tisk*tisk*

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*Mowed the lawn (with a motor-less push mower found in the house).

*Changed the oil in the (two beat-up in the garage) cars.

* Cleaned the garage (chalk full of huge piles of rat torn crap).

* Painted the back fence (ok have not done that yet, but need to).

* Hauled a bunch [about 18 tons with my trailer, I have the recipts, mostly by myself {my [6'2'']baby brother helped haul about 5 tons}] of junk to the dump.


Well I did all that {while working at least 8 hours a day, 7 days a week} to a big 2 story (filled to the brim with stuff)house my family inherited [because I told my dad help him make the house look as good new, I said that before I saw what I was geting into].
So I guess I was a dad for a day (that is if I actually had kids) just like Mrs.Lefty.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google